ATVs in Recapture Canyon: What Are They Fighting For?
An All Terrain Vehicle rally brought 60 ATV riders out on Saturday, May 10 to challenge the Bureau of Land Management’s decision to protect Recapture Canyon in San Juan County, Utah. The BLM closed the path to motorized vehicles in 2007 in an emergency action after ATV riders attempted to widen the road and caused significant damage to 31 archaeological sites. The area is ancestral to the Hopi, Navajo, Utes, and other local tribes.
from the page:
There are 2,800 miles of ATV trails in the area surrounding Recapture Canyon, which is the distance from New York to Los Angeles. Of that, only 1,870 acres of that land are closed off to ATVs by the BLM.
That tiny bit’s enough for these assholes to come tearing through waving their guns and screaming about the big ebul gubermint.
14 Notes/ Hide
- ladypluto likes this
- punkin0001 likes this
- haptickeylogger reblogged this from fyuzhn and added:
- steveklatsis likes this
- nativechef reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- ladyjohanni likes this
- sufione likes this
- mintberrycrrunch likes this
- ifailevenwhenitry reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- lorijellybean likes this
- fyuzhn reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- fyuzhn likes this
- joga-luce reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- joga-luce likes this
- nativeamericannews posted this